VISIT LEGACY PARK
Open daily from 7am to 30 minutes after sunset, Legacy Park is conveniently located on the southeastern side of Decatur, just 1.3 miles from downtown. We’re easily accessible whether you’re walking, rolling, taking MARTA, or arriving by car.
Find us at: 500 S Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30030
Walking or Biking
Legacy Park is wrapped on its eastern and southern sides by the PATH East Decatur Greenway which connects to the PATH Stone Mountain Trail at the Avondale MARTA station. We can also be accessed directly via South Columbia Drive.
Find our main entrance at 500 S Columbia Drive. Please use marked parking available throughout the property. Do not park on grass or other natural areas.
Take the Blue Line to the Avondale station. Exit the southern side of the station and follow signs to the PATH East Decatur Greenway. It’s roughly a half mile to the forest trailhead on the back side of the park or one mile to S. Columbia Drive where a right turn will take you to the park’s south entrance.
MARTA’s Route 114 operates North/South between the Avondale Station and GSU Perimeter Decatur Campus and runs every 40 minutes. Three stops are located along Legacy Park’s Columbia Drive frontage.
- Open from 7:00 a.m. until 30 minutes after sunset.
- No littering. Place all trash in receptacles.
- Pets must remain leashed at all times in all areas of Legacy Park.
- Pet waste must be removed.
- Vehicles are restricted to paved roadways and designated parking areas. No vehicles are allowed on grass or other natural areas.
- Legacy Park is a non-smoking environment.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Amplified music, food sales, or alcoholic beverages are only allowed by special permit.
- Absolutely no drugs or illegal substances allowed.
- Report illegal activities to 911.